Translate

Friday, June 4, 2010

I love Summer!!!

Give me the sweet heat. I love the smells, the feel of the heavier air... The loudness and then at night the chirp of crickets and a full moon and stars through my bedroom window.

Restore Me

Sweet dry scent of baking grass
I stretch inhaling fragrance
I feel your slender stalks
Gently press against my skin
Warm for a moment
Then heat envelopes
Tempered by cool breezes
As the sun pours over me
Birds whistle and chirp
Peaceful and tranquil
Nature's intensity dissolves mine
"Listen" it calls to me
"Feel" it calls to me
"Peace, be calm... rest."
Summer day restore me

Carrie Jones May 24 2000

I love laying partially under a tree on a summer day and taking a nap or a good book to read. Just listen to the sounds of my neighborhood. Kids laughing, dogs barking and vehicles honking. Music blaring from a window.

Listen to the birds chirp and whistle.

I haven't done it yet this year, but I hope to tomorrow. For me it is a long tradition from when I was a kid and would lie along the irrigation ditch with my sister and brother making necklaces out of snake grass. Or under the tree in our front yard on a pink and blue? wool blanket with a book to read.

SUMMER!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment